Friday, February 3, 2012

What's for Dinner?

This is a question that I get ALL DAY long.  Why it matters at 8am what we will be eating at 6pm is totally lost on me but my kids and my hubby can't seem to function unless they know the answer to this question.  Well this week that answer to that question was BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, one meal  they all absolutely love, which makes dinner time so much more enjoyable.  And the best part is it's super easy!  So I wanted to share.

Here is what you'll need:

Crockpot (my favorite kitchen gadget)
1 package of boneless skinless Chicken breast, I use frozen but you can use whatever (about 2 lbs)
1/2 onion, sliced in large rings
2 tsp jarred chopped garlic (not pictured...whoopsie)
1-6oz can of pineapple juice
2/3 cup BBQ sauce
1/3 cup plum jam
Buns (also not pictured, geez I need to get it together!)


If you want you can start by first spraying your crockpot with cooking spray, I don't do this but hey to each their own.  Place chicken in followed by sliced onion and garlic.  Pour pineapple juice over everything. 

Now cover and cook on low for about 6 hours.  Easy peasy right?!

After the 6 hours is up remove the onion and pour all of the cooking liquid down the drain.  Now take two forks and shred the chicken.


In a bowl combine the plum jam and BBQ sauce.  Then pour over the chicken until coated.  Put the cover back on and cook on high for 30 minutes. 



Seriously delish!!




I serve on a bun with a side salad and Crack Potatoes which you can find here.

Hopefully your fam will enjoy as much as mine does.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment