Wednesday, January 18, 2012

First Post....

Well this is my first post....kinda weird.  I have wanted to start this for the last couple of years but something has stopped me.  Feels kind of weird to have a blog I guess.  The last year I have really enjoyed reading blogs 0n other sites and feel like I need a place to share my thoughts, projects, recipes and crazy things my kids and husband do. So here we are....day 1.  I guess I should start by introducing myself.  My name is Kelly, I'm 30ish, yes I said ish...the whole getting older thing is a little hard for me.  I mean, I still feel like I'm 23 I sometimes feel like I still look that way as well then I look at pictures from my past and am quickly reminded that isn't the case.  My husband Lucas and I will celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary in the summer.  He is an amazing dad and husband.  He works extremely hard in the office and at home.  He makes me happy each and well...almost every day.   Don't get me wrong he has his faults....his memory...non-existent, he's loud, he's often inappropriate but to know his is to love him faults and all.  He keeps me on my toes and laughing so what more could I ask for??  A little over six years ago we welcomed our first child....sweet Ava.  She was quite the handful and still is.  She has truly made me want to be a better person.  She has changed my life in so many ways....funny how kids can do that.  Then a little over two years ago we welcomed #2, Gage.  He is quite possibly the sweetest most loving child on the planet, though I may be a tad biased.  I am truly blessed. 



Things I cannot live without:
  • Sleep....I think it's in my genes...or at least that's what I blame
  • Pinterest.....I mean what did I do with my time before this existed???
  • Sweets......I could never diet, I don't have the will power for that. I applaud those who can! 
  • DVR....I'd like to kiss the person who invented this life-changing device
  • Reality TV....sounds pathetic I know but The Real Housewives of anything just makes me smile
  • My Adele 21 CD....I don't care what kind of music you're into.....completely amazing!
Things I love (besides of fam, of course)
  • Trying new recipes...my husband will eat anything.  Love him for that!
  • DIY anything! 
  • Decorating my house.....it's an obsession.
  • Flea Markets, Antique Stores, Garage Sales, The Habitat ReStore, Goodwill....if it's cheap I'm all about it!
Well that about sums me up.  I'm looking forward to sharing my projects (good and bad), recipes and everything else in between!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment